CLEARCREEK YOUTH SOCCER ASSOCIATION SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
Amount of Scholarship
The amount of the scholarship will be $500 for one male recipient and $500 for one female recipient. The scholarship will be issued one time for each recipient and will be nonrenewable.
Graduating high school seniors who have actively participated in Clearcreek Youth Soccer Association as a player for at least 3 out of the last 4 seasons. Applicant must have met college entrance requirements.
The Scholarship Committee shall consist of four (4) members appointed by the Clearcreek Youth Soccer Association Board of Directors. The CYSA President shall appoint this Committee no later than the August general meeting and will have a term from August 1st – July 31st each calendar year. A Committee Member may not have a relative or family member participating in the Clearcreek Youth Soccer Association high school program during their term on the Committee.
Documentation Needed to Complete Scholarship Application
- List of all soccer teams the applicant has played on during the last 4 years
- Copy of High School Transcripts – must be signed by high school counselor or principal
- Copy of Acceptance Letter from an accredited college, university, or trade school (if available at time of application). NOTE: This must be presented prior to scholarship funds being issued if selected as recipient.
- One teacher recommendation/evaluation letter
- List of Extracurricular School Activities
- List of Community Service/Volunteer Programs
- Brief essay (no longer than 1 page double spaced) stating how the player’s involvement in soccer has positively influenced the applicant’s character, discipline, teamwork, leadership, and self-esteem.
Instructions for Submitting Application
- Complete entire scholarship application form
- Attach teacher evaluation letter – must be completed by teacher
- Attach copy of High School Transcripts - must be signed by high school counselor or principal
- Attach copy of Acceptance Letter if available
All applications must be post marked by May 1st of each year following the fall season.
Clearcreek Youth Soccer Association
ATTN: CYSA President/Scholarship Application
PO Box 341
Springboro, OH 45066
The CYSA President will receive the scholarship applications first. The applications will then be given to the CYSA Secretary to make copies and remove the applicants name from all documentation. The CYSA Secretary will then number the applications and make a set for each Scholarship Committee Member. Each Scholarship Committee Member will rate every application according to the following criteria without knowing the name of the applicant.
- Soccer Involvement: Scale of 1-4 points
- Academic Standing: Scale of 1-8 points
- Teacher Evaluation: Scale of 1-5 points
- Extracurricular School Activities: Scale of 1-4 points
- Community Service/Volunteer Activities: Scale of 1-4 points
- Essay: Scale of 1-25 points
A maximum point scale of 50 can be achieved. The male and female applicant with the highest combined points will be selected as the recipient of the scholarship.
If the CYSA President or Secretary is related to a qualifying senior applicant, the duties will be performed by the Vice-President and Treasurer, followed by elected members of the Board if needed.
The CYSA President will notify the winning applicants in writing by June 1st. Scholarship funds will be issued to the selected recipients accepted accredited college, university, or trade school.
To print the application and guidelines, click HERE.